The Energy conservation for Ohioans (ECO-Link) is a partnership between the Treasurer of Ohio and eligible state banks designed to support Ohio homeowners and small businesses owners improve their energy efficiency. T
his program aids the Ohio economy by stimulating businesses that provide energy efficient products and contractor services.
Weatherization projects may reduce energy bills while adding value and comfort to your home. Additionally, most improvements are also eligible for federal tax credits and rebates, as well as utility companies’ incentive programs, which add to your potential savings.
ECO-Link is not a loan from the Treasurer’s office to the homeowner but rather a strategic investment with lenders to spur energy conservation, a cleaner environment and a healthy state economy. Here is how the program works:
- The Treasury purchases an investment with a participating bank at a discounted rate on behalf of the homeowner participating in ECO-Link
- The lender then passes along the discounted savings to the homeowner up to 3% interest rate reduction of for up to seven years on an eligible bank loan
- When the customer pays off the loan, the bank returns the investment to the Treasury
- ECO-Link provides reduced rate financing for Ohio homeowners who complete weatherization or energy- efficient improvements in their homes
- Decreased energy use
- Increase the comfort inside your home
- Take advantage of federal tax credits and rebates as well as incentives offered by many local utility companies
Paper PDF Application
- The home owner determines the scope of the project and obtains proposals, estimates, or receipts for all energy efficient portions of the project
- The home owner identifies a participating lender, the financial institution must be an eligible state depository bank and negotiates terms of the loan
- Home owner or lender completes a user-friendly online ECO-link application
- Lender then works with the Treasurer of Ohio Economic Development Office to complete the process of approval and funding the interest reduction
- Home owner receives the lower interest rate for the duration of up to 7 years as negotiated with the lender and enjoys the improvements to their home and the potential energy savings
is available for information gathering purposes.